This course gives you the opportunity to study business management in combination with Spanish. Business management The world of business is full of opportunities. So where do you start? This practical course will help you find your calling in international business with modules ranging from consultancy to enterprise. Profits aren’t the only thing driving businesses. We believe you need to conduct business in a sustainable and ethical way to be an effective manager. Our values underpin everything we do here at Manchester Met. Business management includes everything you could want from a business degree, from expertise in our research areas of sustainability, strategy, and enterprise to events like our leadership series of guest lectures. Spanish Proficiency in modern languages could help you to gain a competitive edge in the global jobs market. In both the private and public sectors there is demand for professionals with strong language skills who can work in culturally diverse environments. Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages around the world both in terms of the numbers of speakers, and the global geographical spread. On this degree you will be absorbed into the everyday use of foreign languages as our multi-cultural community includes academics from all over the world, British, exchange and international students, and foreign language assistants. Our department is home to a wealth of research expertise and that expertise is transferred directly into the classroom. With extensive experience in both private and public sector roles, our languages team offer a range of expertise in working across disciplines such as professional interpreting and translating, language teaching, and global consultancy. With such strong local, national, and global links, our languages team are continuously recognised in the field for their innovation. Initiatives include the globally recognised FLAME project integrating film, language, and media in education. With this expertise here for you to draw on, your learning is not only relevant, but it's also cutting edge, and our strong local, national and global links will help you to enhance your study and future employment opportunities. Our Spanish studies students are required to spend a year abroad in Spain. The experience of being immersed in another culture for several months is one our students find both beneficial and rewarding. They return having made new friends, experienced new places and having grown in confidence.* This course has a foundation year available. *Period of residence abroad will take place in a Spanish-speaking country and will be subject to any international travel restrictions and/or availability. Features and Benefits
- Enhance your employability through internships and volunteering with our ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme.
- We coach practical skills for work including communication, presentation, digital literacy, essay and report writing, summary skills, interview and questionnaire techniques.
- The majority of our 30+ academic, research and support staff are native speakers of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Access the Language Resource Centre, providing a range of language learning software and study spaces to practise and interact with languages students from across the programme.
- You will have the opportunity to spend your third year studying overseas or on placement.
- Our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Meet entrepreneurs and attend business events at our start-up hub Innospace, hear from industry leaders in guest lectures, take part in the Young Enterprise competition, and join the Business and Management Society.
- Our researchers also teach on our courses, so you’ll have the latest insight from the people informing policy and consulting with organisations.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building