A Computer Science degree that gives you a choice of pathways from year two: focus on Software Development or Networks and Security. You'll work on real and simulated projects so you can experience the challenges of delivering complicated technical solutions on time. KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE
- RANKINGS: Our Computer Science and Information Systems subject area is ranked Top 20 in the UK for student satisfaction with teaching (The Guardian University Guide 2022).
- WORKING WITH INDUSTRY: In year two, you’ll work on a real problem set by an employer. You’ll also get the chance to take a year in industry as well as to study and work abroad for a semester, which will broaden your experience and boost your employment prospects.
- VIBRANT COMMUNITY: You’ll join a friendly community including our enthusiastic Computing Society and research-active lecturers. You’ll have the opportunity to get involved with research projects which our teaching team are working on.
- PRACTICAL SKILLS: You will build vital transferable skills such as problem-solving, communication, digital skills, teamwork and networking.
- OPTIONAL PLACEMENT YEAR: Gain valuable experience in industry by taking an optional placement year between years two and three.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|