Are you excited to explore different historical periods and literary works that will challenge and inspire you? English Literature and History at Keele delves into the details and impact of historical events and explores literature from Shakespeare to the present day. On this course, you will investigate the ways that people thought and lived in the past and how social, cultural and literary changes have shaped the world we live in today. You will explore these subjects on a global scale and become a confident reader, writer and researcher, equipping you with key graduate attributes. Why choose this course?
- Become a skilled analyst of literature of all kinds, from poetry to graphic novels to political speeches
- Gain insight into various eras, cultures, and society, building a foundation of knowledge and providing a broad interpretation of history
- Learn to critically evaluate and reflect on historical events and how these have impacted the world we live in, supported by inspiring teachers
- Engage in work placement opportunities that provide a rich experience, preparing you for employment after university
- Opportunity to apply for an International Year at a partner university to explore diverse cultures
For a list of indicative modules please visit the course page on the Keele University website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information