An innovative, interdisciplinary degree with Edinburgh Futures Institute We see and shape the world through narrative. The stories that mould our hopes and dreams, that direct our responses to climate change and our economic and political behavior, are found everywhere: on the page, on the stage and on the screen, in offices, museums and classrooms, in computer labs and in the great outdoors, told by human beings and by algorithms. If you want to investigate how narratives influence our lived realities and how they can create alternative ways of envisioning the future, then the Edinburgh Futures Institute Masters programme in Narrative Futures is for you. Whichever career you are based in or aspire to (creative, technical, governmental, academic), you will be able to apply the insights gained during your studies. The programme offers all the benefits of interdisciplinarity while maintaining a strong emphasis on integration by bringing together three broad areas of inquiry: art, data and society. You will learn how narratives are being transformed:
- in a variety of artistic domains, from creative writing to game design
- in different spheres of social life, from digital markets to religious or environmental discourses
- at the frontier of computational developments in artificial intelligence
- core data skills
- data ethics
- the ability to interrogate issues of global scope using methods from across disciplines
- creative and analytic approaches to knowledge
See the University of Edinburgh website for detailed programme information.
Entry requirements for individual programmes vary, so please check the details for the specific programme you wish to apply for on the University of Edinburgh website. You will also need to meet the University’s language requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course