About this Course: The Degree in Sport Science is ideal for individuals who wish to top-up from a relevant Foundation Degree to further their career in the sport, fitness and exercise industry. You will develop both your practical and theoretical knowledge of fitness and performance as well as covering units such as contemporary issues in physical education and sport and performance analysis. On our BSc Hons Degree in Sport Science students have access to our excellent sports facilities which include: -A fully commercial, on-site sports centre (DVC Sports) -FIFA 2-star accredited 3G Astroturf pitch -Multisport cages -Full-size grass football pitches -Sports hall -State-of-the-art fitness suite We use a wealth of sporting equipment and technology used by professional sports clubs including a sports GPS system, timing gates and various other technological equipment used to measure fitness and performance. Modules Covered:
- Advanced Coaching Science
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Advanced Special Populations
- Employability and Enterprise
- Employment opportunities can include sports coach, performance coach, fitness centre manager or sports development officer.
- With further study you could progress into employment in teaching or sports analysis.
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- A relevant Level 5 qualification such as a Foundation Degree in Sport and Exercise or of a similar degree
- Completion of a 2-year Foundation Degree in a related discipline with minimum 50% grade in year 2
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from students requiring a Student visa. For more information, please contact the course provider.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
You should hold a Foundation Degree in Sport and Exercise or a similar Foundation Degree. Candidates with other Level 5 qualifications in appropriate subjects may also be considered but must have completed a research methods module. If you hold a Level 3 or A Level qualification, you will need to first undertake the Foundation Degree in Sport and Exercise which is available at Dearne Valley College, before embarking upon this course.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6900||Year 1|