This Master’s is the perfect launch-pad for a career in a wide range of disciplines, including concept design, character and creature animation, modelling, lighting, rigging, texturing, compositing and simulation. Why study MA 3D Computer Animation at BU?
- Develop the skills to work in a number of areas where computer animation is applied, including films, animated features, computer games, television production, commercials, illustration, scientific visualisation, flight simulation, virtual environments, architectural visualisations and interactive media.
- Collaborate with students from across the NCCA Master’s courses providing a realistic setting to discover what it’s like working with other creative and technical people
- Attend regular masterclasses and our visiting practitioners lecture series where you’ll learn about the 2D and 3D industry from practising artists and companies, including BU alumni
- Undertake a Masters project with dedicated production time to create a substantial and original project in preparation for the degree show attended by top industry recruiters
- Study in a professional studio environment, facilities include a full suite of industry-standard 2D and 3D software, a motion capture studio, green screen studio and animation labs.
Core Production Principles; Core Production Techniques; Visual & Critical Studies; Group Project; Research & Development in Computer Animation; Production Development; Masters Portfolio
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. If English is not your first language: IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
Additional fee information