The Department of Plant Sciences is an outstanding University Centre for research in plant and microbial sciences. It offers unrivalled research and training opportunities in the following areas of plant and microbial science:
- Cell function & responses to the environment
- Developmental biology & signalling
- Genetics and epigenetics
- Ecosystem function and conservation
- Evolution and diversity
- Microbiology & biotic interactions
- Plant pathology and epidemiology
- Systems and mathematical biology
- Enhancing photosynthesis
- Biotechnology and engineering
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK Good II.i Honours Degree. If your degree is not from the UK, please check International Qualifications to find the equivalent in your country.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7626||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Students are welcome to apply through research council funding schemes, such as the Cambridge NERC DTP. In some years students may be eligible to apply for the Lewin-Fritsch Studentship for algal research or the A.J. Keith Studentship. For details please see the Department website. Individual supervisors may hold grant-linked or CASE studentships. Please contact supervisors directly to inquire into availability.