Purpose of the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction Management for England
- The purpose of Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction Management for England is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the construction sector and adapt to a constantly changing world.
- The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
- give students the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to achieve high performance in the international construction environment
- develop students with enquiring minds, who have the abilities and confidence to work across different business functions and to lead, manage, respond to change, and tackle a range of complex construction situations.
- provide the core skills required for a range of careers in construction, specifically those related to management and operations.
- offer a balance between employability skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic ambitions
- develop students’ understanding of the major impact that new digital technologies have on the construction environment.
- provide insight into international business operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a global marketplace.
- equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturally diverse organisations, cross-cultural issues, diversity and values, and to allow flexible study to meet local and specialist needs.
- entering employment
- continuing existing employment
- linking with the appropriate professional body
- committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- progressing to university
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Burnley College
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£7250||Year 1|