Mathematics is key to the sciences and to a cross-section of business disciplines. The ongoing drive for economic efficiency, the increasing importance of technology and big data, and new emerging areas such as climate science all mean that mathematics continues to have a significant impact on the world. Demand for mathematics skills comes from all sectors – from business and technology to science, research and development and IT – and the career options available are varied and rewarding. Studying a mathematics degree at Leeds will provide you with a range of core mathematical skills whilst enhancing your abilities in logical thinking, problem solving and decision making – all of which are highly valued by employers. You can also opt to explore topics as diverse as fluid mechanics, cosmology, topology, and numerical analysis specialising in a particular area of interest or delving into several different areas. Choosing this integrated Masters degree (MMath, BSc) is particularly suitable if you wish to work closer to the frontiers of research, or to use mathematics at a higher level in your career. Here at Leeds, we understand the importance mathematics has in everyday life, which is why we have one of the largest mathematics research departments in the UK which shapes the curriculum. This will equip you with the relevant knowledge, skills and experience you need to begin your career in this highly valued specialism. Why study at Leeds:
- Our School’s globally-renowned research feeds into the course, shaping your learning with the latest thinking in areas such as pure and applied mathematics, statistics and financial mathematics.
- Learn from expert academics and researchers who specialise in a variety of mathematical areas.
- Small tutorial groups support the teaching, providing you with regular feedback and advice from the academic staff throughout your degree.
- Access excellent facilities and computing equipment, complemented by social areas, communal problem-solving spaces and quiet study rooms.
- Broaden your experience and enhance your career prospects with our industrial placement opportunities or study abroad programmes.
- Make the most of your time at Leeds by joining our student society MathSoc where you can meet more of your peers, enjoy social events and join the MathSoc football or netball team.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Statistical Society, Royal
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE: C/4 in English Language
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
IELTS: 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in any one component.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course