We’ve designed this course for students with a Higher National Diploma, foundation degree or equivalent qualification. You’ll be the perfect match for studying with us if you want to prepare for postgraduate study or stand out when applying for roles in the financial sector. Studying for just one year, you’ll build on your existing background in finance or a related area. We’ve recently designed the units on this programme – our teaching team have spent hours on research to make sure the content is relevant and reflects the current financial environment. A unique blend of units What really makes this programme stand out is the range of areas we cover. You’ll look at emerging topics such as blockchain technology for payment systems, and explore how Islamic finance offers an innovative and ethical approach in this sector. Being able to apply your skills is essential too. That’s why we’ve included a live research project where you’ll have direct contact with a bank or financial planning firm. You’ll have the chance to liaise with professionals and develop a range of skills, including client-relationship management and problem solving. Insight into the world of finance Our teaching team have expertise in a range of areas including accounting, banking, wealth management and insurance. They will not only be able to share a wealth of experience, but also their research in a variety of areas. You’ll finish the course with a CV stuffed with sought-after skills including report writing and critical thinking. Not only will you be able to make conclusions based on evidence, but you’ll also be able to form your own opinions across a whole host of current topics. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple accredited - our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Add a degree to your CV - you’ll spend a year topping up your qualification to build on your knowledge and fast-track your success in the world of finance.
- Learn from financial experts - many members of our teaching team have worked for big multinational companies like Lloyds, Morgan Stanley and NatWest.
- Develop your skills for postgraduate study - learn how to analyse research, refine arguments and write reports.
- Learn to liaise with leaders - for the live research project, you’ll help an organisation solve a real challenge they’re facing in today’s turbulent times.
- Benefit from dedicated support - this programme has its own programme leader who understands the challenges you might face transitioning to this level of study.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This is a one-year top-up qualification. Applicants should have an appropriate Level 5 qualification, such as Higher National Diploma (or overseas equivalent), in a relevant subject. Applicants will also be required to meet the University's English language requirement.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69