Our specialist MSc Accounting course will boost your career prospects by developing an advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice, and prepare for a leading role in the accountancy profession.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of accounting as well as your critical thinking.
- Introduction to different aspects of accounting research, and guidance in conducting the research.
- Advance your thinking and debate in contemporary issues in financial reporting, management account, auditing and governance.
- Develop skills that are valued by employers, or prepare for a research career in academia.
- Benefit from our accounting academics' close connection with the accountancy profession.
- MSc Accounting, MSc Accounting and Finance , MSc Finance and MSc Quantitative Finance course students who perform well in Semester one and show a strong interest in CFA will get free access to Kaplan's online training materials for CFA Part One.
- Gain student support from Kaplan with access to tuition material, online question banks and progress tests, and mock exam runs. Plus tutor support and 1-2-1 sessions.
- The CFA Program builds a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills.
- Take the first step to earning the Chartered Financial Analyst ® (CFA) credential to prepare for the Level I exam
- The CFA is the most respected and recognised investment designation in the world.
- Experience a live trading floor provided by two experienced traders with specialist software
- Engage with contemporary financial markets and apply your classroom theory in practice
- Watch live breaking news, economic data and geo-political events, and use your knowledge and skills in trading different asset classes
- A fantastic opportunity to prepare you for successful careers after graduation.
- Gain access to one of the UK's most comprehensive collections of specialist financial and business databases that are used by top researchers around the world.
- Databases include Bloomberg, Datastream, Thomson ONE, Compustat, WRDS, Capital IQ and many more.
We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent. You need a degree in accounting or overseas equivalent. Excellent results in accounting subjects are preferable, although a relevant and advanced UK professional accounting qualification (or overseas equivalent) will also be considered. We also consider applicants studying degrees in business administration, business management or commerce or economics. Due to competition for places, we give preference to applicants with an undergraduate degree in accounting. You need to demonstrate a very strong background in accounting throughout your degree, and a final year major or specialisation in accounting will also be considered. We highly recommend GMAT or GRE and anticipate a well-balanced score with a strong performance in the quantitative sections.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Contact us for further information about the new Accounting and Finance scholarship for UK/EU students and other scholarships available.