Whether your ambition is to help athletes smash world records, or improve the quality of life for recovering patients, we can give you the tools to achieve it. Our sport and exercise science degree covers a broad spectrum of themes across sport and health. Here, you will gain understanding of the key disciplines of biomechanics, physiology, and psychology. Building on these foundations, you’ll develop specialist skills and knowledge according to your strengths and interests. You'll also have the opportunity to spend an extra year expanding your horizons, working on a placement in industry. Study sport and exercise science at Manchester Met and you’ll have the support of our team of accredited sport scientists and experts who work with business, the NHS, government and international athletes. With our network of local sports organisations and health providers, you’ll have plenty of great opportunities to apply your knowledge and secure work placements. What’s more, in our £26m Institute of Sport building, you will have access to the latest technologies and world-class facilities, including human performance laboratories, a state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner and an environmental chamber that simulates extreme temperatures and altitudes. and altitudes. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 93% of BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science students are overall satisfied with their course (National Student Survey, 2022).
- Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Sport harnesses our expertise across the world of sport from our £26m state-of-the-art building in the heart of Manchester.
- We are also investing heavily in our existing sites at the John Dalton building, Platt Lane Sports Complex and Sugden Sports Centre.
- You can opt to spend your third year getting a taste of professional life in a sports or health organisation with the four-year placement route.
- Our academics feed cutting-edge knowledge into the course – whether it’s from their research or their work with Olympic and Paralympic medal-winning athletes.
- Take advantage of our partnerships, which include Manchester City Football Club, Manchester City Women’s Football Club, City in the Community, Manchester United Foundation and the Manchester Giants basketball team.
- We have an excellent reputation in sport and exercise science – we provide scientific support to businesses and government, and we’re the lead partner in a sport-related SOCRATES European exchange network.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course