About this Course: This course is designed to provide you with experience of the whole design and production process. The programme will equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to enter a range of careers in the graphic arts industries. Workbased learning is at the heart of this course and is embedded into most modules. Our studio space provides and reflects the professional workplace environment. The delivery of the programme is designed to reflect the balance of skills and knowledge needed to work competently within the graphic arts industries, ensuring that the qualification supports both workplace and educational progression. A high level of collaboration with partners from industry ensures that employers and practitioners are involved in the design and regular review of modules and assignments. Industry led briefs and commercial project work are integrated into modules and assignments. Modules Covered: Year 1
- Design Techniques and Processes
- Graphic Image Making and Communication.
- Work-based Design Projects
- Specialist Creative Response
- Progression onto further study onto the final year of the BA (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design or other degrees at Rotherham College or University.
- Go into employment for careers in graphic design, teaching, marketing and management.
- At least two A -levels or equivalent to include Art and Design or Graphics- related subject
- GNVQ Advanced Diploma in Art and Design - Merit
- BTEC Extended National Diploma - Merit, Pass, Pass
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design - Pass
- Relevant Access to Higher Education course - Pass
- Non-native English speakers or have not studied the final two years of school in English, must have a IELTS score of 6.0 or above.
- Mature students will be considered at interview based on their portfolio and prior experience.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from students requiring a Student visa. For more information, please contact the course provider.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Rotherham College - Town Centre Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6900||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University Centre Rotherham