Learn digital skills that could lead you to a range of exciting careers in lots of different organisations! Our Digital Media Computing with a Foundation Year enables you to study and learn using industry-standard digital media technology equipment. This includes digital TV studios, edit and dubbing suites. We’ve developed this multidisciplinary course to combine computing and digital media. This enables you to leave university as a versatile graduate with a mix of computing, technical and content creation skills. Study with us and rest assured that you’ll be prepared for a world seeking those able to develop the next generation of digital media products. Furthermore, 90% of our students are satisfied with this course (National Student Survey 2022). About the Foundation Year The Foundation Year enables you to study for our BSc (Hons) degree over an extended full-time duration of four years by including a Foundation Certificate (year one of four). The Foundation Certificate provides a broad study programme that underpins the follow-on degree. In order to progress to the next year of your degree, it is necessary to achieve a pass in all of the modules of the Foundation Certificate. What's covered in the course? Our Digital Media Computing course is an intellectually challenging and highly rewarding programme that covers everything from coding to animation. It will prepare you to meet the professional and technical demands of industry. You will learn underlying principles of computer science, as well as visual design and human computer interaction, bringing these together through a collaborative innovation project. Explore more in-depth the areas of web application development, digital media processing, media production and 3D modelling and animation. Plus, take advantage of opportunities to work on real world projects through a major group project in year two, as well as undertaking an individual project in the final year. You will develop key transferable skills, such as teamwork, reflection and self-awareness. You’ll also gain analytical skills through coursework tasks, as well as enhancing your problem solving using a range of systems and technologies. There is also an option to undertake an industrial placement, gaining valuable work experience. Why Choose Us?
- Prepare for industry - Gain computing and multimedia skills to apply the latest technologies, as well as the versatility to succeed in a constantly evolving, challenging industry. Our students have gone on to work with companies such as Big Marketing and Caterpillar.
- Highly experienced staff - Our team of academics and practitioners offer not only academic expertise, but also current industry understanding and business acumen.
- Excellent campus facilities - Our City Centre Campus houses the largest University TV studio, within a purpose-built Media Centre at The Parkside Building. You will have the option to join our Curzon Software House and take part in industry projects to build up skills for your CV.
- A range of study techniques - Network opportunities, multimedia events and guest speakers bring the insights, contacts and the realities of the media world to your studies.
- Home to Cisco and Oracle - We are a Cisco ASC (Academy Support Centre) and one of only 10 Cisco Instructor Training Centres (ITC) in the UK.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|