Focusing on the business side of esports, this is a unique course taught from what is considered to be one of the largest and best games universities in the UK. The BA (Hons) Esports focuses on the business of esports. You will learn how to host small and large scale events for single player and multi-player teams, create business plans to develop teams, create online communities and promote your events through digital marketing. You will also get the opportunity to explore the culture of esports, its audience and fan base and different game genres that make up the most popular in current times. Staffordshire University is considered to be one of the largest and best games universities in the UK. In 2016 we were the best place in the UK to study games design and development by ALPHR – the online branch of PC Pro. We also have a long history of event management courses with feedback via NSS and SVS indicating a high level of student satisfaction. The success in these two areas will see a unique partnership between games and events to create a truly outstanding experience in the UK market. Our academics come from a variety of backgrounds, including marketing, games design, interactive media technology, event management and esports practitioners. Join one of our six competitive societies: League of Legends, DOTA2, Hearthstone, Counter Strike, Overwatch and Super Smash Bros and compete in events in the UK and overseas.
- Take part in UK and International varsities.
- Visit esports events in the UK and take part in an International residential.
- Study digital marketing and take Google Garage Exams as part of the course.
- Plan, develop and implement an esports event. In the first year the event will be a single player event, in year two this progresses to a team player event and in the third year the event will be a large scale, commercial venue event with team players and a prize fund.
- You will be taught in a dedicated Esports Lab and Pro Gamer training facility with all the latest industry standard software and hardware.
Digital Media Skills for Games and Esports (60) Contemporary Issues in Esports (30) Professional Skills (30)
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (Capital City College Group)|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||48 points|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||PPP|
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|