Crucial for clinical diagnosis of diseases and appropriate treatment of patients, Biomedical Science is vital to the operation of the NHS and related health industries. Largely based on individual research projects rather than coursework, the MRes allows you to specialise in a particular area of study. Especially useful if you want to proceed to a PhD. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- The aim of this programme is to complete two different extensive research projects of your choice allowing you to acquire a wide range of knowledge and skills directly relevant to the study of human disease.
- Top 20 in the UK for Biological Sciences (Complete University Guide 2020)
- Receive excellent training in a wide range of modern molecular biology techniques required to enter the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industries or to pursue a career in research.
- Experience the opportunity to specialise in a particular discipline or area. (see below)
- Gain valuable practical research experience to complete two extensive research projects.
- If you are aiming to study for a higher biomedical science degree, this programme is designed for you.
- The MRes is also an ideal introduction for overseas students who may wish to proceed to PhD biomedical science studies in the UK.
- Knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue a career in laboratory research.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of advanced techniques used in modern biomedical sciences research.
- Opportunity to practice research skills in the laboratory by completing two extensive research projects.
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'.
This course has a subject classification which requires students whose nationality is outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland to have an ATAS certificate, irrespective of country of residence at the point of application.
Further information can be found on the UK Government's website: www.gov.uk/academic-technology-approval-scheme
A second class Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject. Professional experience may be taken into account. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.