Course outline As a student on the BSc (Hons) Economics and Politics course, you’ll have the opportunity to explore political topics going beyond the UK and Europe, covering North America, South Asia, China, Japan or the emerging global powers. You will acquire the ability to analyse and understand political problems, socio-cultural change and political institutions and structures. You’ll develop an ability to investigate a range of political and economic issues, and gain a sound understanding of how economic and political issues are often closely interrelated in today’s globalised mass society. You’ll become familiar with a range of tools needed to solve a variety of complex economic problems, and develop research and analytical skills, equipping you with highly relevant, adaptable skills that are transferable across whatever career path you choose. Key benefits
- As part of your degree you’ll undertake a professional placement year, gaining valuable practical experience that employers demand. Aston University’s Careers and Placements team was recognised as the ‘Best University Placement Service’ at the National Undergraduate Employability (NUE) Awards 2022.
- Aston Business School is part of an elite group of business schools who hold the gold standard ‘triple crown’ accreditation from AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBA's) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System).
- Economics at Aston University was ranked among the top 15 universities for graduate-level employment, 15 months after graduation (Guardian, 2022).
- Politics at Aston University was ranked among the top 15 in the UK for ‘graduate prospects’ (Complete University Guide, 2022).
- Politics at Aston University was ranked among the top 10 in the UK for ‘student to staff ratio’ (Guardian, 2022).
For more information on this course and a full list of modules, visit the course page: https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/economics-and-politics-bsc/september-2022
For more information on the methods of assessment on this course, visit the course page: https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/economics-and-politics-bsc/september-2022
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed carefully, including previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. Aston University welcomes applications from students with a wide range of qualifications from the UK and overseas, including combinations of qualifications. If your qualifications are not listed here and you wish to check whether they meet the entry requirements for this course, please contact the university.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|