University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Studying Animation and Graphic Design in combination provides you with an exciting opportunity to develop as an animator and creative designer. Many aspects of these disciplines are complementary, and studying them as Joint Honours is full of possibility. It could lead to an innovative, interdisciplinary final year project that draws all your interests together. Your creative development will take place alongside development of craft and digital skills that are applicable to a wide range of graduate career and employment possibilities. If moving images and visual communication excite your curiosity, these two subject areas in combination could be the right choice for you. This course is a good match for people who prefer learning through doing and if design and media-related employment is your long-term goal. There are regular visits to museums and exhibitions in London, Bristol and live brief related day visits and workshops too. There is also an annual opportunity to take part in a visit to a destination in mainland Europe. Student performance is assessed entirely by course work. Key features
- Live design brief collaborations with organisations such as The National Archives in London, The Centre for Alternative Technology in Wales – one of Europe’s largest eco centres and national campaigning organisation Friends of the Earth.
- The Graphic Design course was ranked 10th in the UK in the Guardian’s 2021 listings for ‘Design & Craft’ courses.
- Two students on the Graphic Design course won the prestigious 2019 D&AD ‘New Blood’ Design Award.
- The Graphic Design course achieved 100% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2019.
- On-campus access to industry-standard software and motion capture facilities
- A programme of guest lectures
- Exposure to commercial and professional situations to develop your strengths, ideas and creativity
- Portfolio presentation opportunities to creative directors of professional and commercial companies
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page