Market research and analytical skills are in high demand as business practice and digital technologies evolve all over the world. In the UK alone, the profession employs close to 73,000 highly skilled employees*. Growth in market research activity and employment is driven by data (market) analytics – the analysis of data to understand buyer behaviour, market campaign success, segment markets and key product and service features in new product development. Market researchers work across a range of industries, usually choosing to specialise within a sector, such as consumer, business-to-business or social research. This could be within a market research agency such as Kantar or Ipsos, consulting and large professional services firms such as PwC, or in the marketing departments of large commercial organisations such as Unilever and Tesco. The course This course is focused on market research and analytics. Our aim is to give you the best knowledge and skills in order to make your mark and succeed in your future market research or marketing career. You’ll join our Department of Marketing, International Business and Tourism where we have strong industry links in Manchester and nationwide that connect you with industry professionals from day one. There will be opportunities during your course to network with potential employers, work on live client briefs and to undertake internships to develop your knowledge into practical skills. You’ll study alongside our MSc Marketing, MSc International Marketing Management and MSc Digital Marketing Communications students on units such as business to business marketing, marketing communications and digital measurement and evaluation. You’ll also study bespoke units in applied marketing research and analytics to develop your knowledge in this rapidly growing area. Towards the end of your course, you’ll then have the opportunity to explore a topic of great interest to you in an applied research project. *PwC and Market Research Society Report Features and Benefits
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – this course is CIM accredited and allows you to work towards a CIM qualification.
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Knowledge exchange – students on this course may have the opportunity to work with researchers within the department on projects linked to the areas of market and digital transformation.
- Rise programme – all students are eligible to take part in curricular activities with Rise. These might include volunteering, project work and certifications.
- Grow your network – use our extensive industry links to develop your own professional network. Internships, live client projects and guest lectures all present networking opportunities.
- Creative and digital hub – Manchester has one of the UK’s biggest creative and digital sectors. You’ll find inspiration everywhere, as well as plenty of employers when you graduate.
- Learn from experts – our teaching team includes internationally renowned research active academics, particularly in the areas of business to business and quantitative analytic methods.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course