"Our Fine Art degree lets you realise your creative potential and combine practical training with discussion. Encourage your ambition and cultivate your talent. Our degree will allow you to realise your creative potential through exciting and challenging opportunities. The course provides experience of a wide range of arts media relevant to contemporary arts practice, this includes but is not limited to: painting, drawing, sculpture, video, photography, digital applications and performance. You will be supported to establish your own practice as an artist; working in our spacious studios, galleries and workshops, exploring your ideas through site specific contexts, professional external projects, and a yearly public exhibition. Our teaching team are all professional artists, and are able to support you with a structured technical, theoretical, imaginative and practical approach to arts practice. Key features
- 100% overall student satisfaction in the 2019 National Student Survey.
- Annual overseas trip organised for all levels, to the Venice Biennial or to another cultural city (Previous destinations include Rotterdam, Krakow, New York).
Year 1 (Core)
- Fine Art Studio Practice Introduction
- Fine Art Independent Studio Practice and Context
- Understanding and Researching Contemporary Art
- Exhibiting and Curating in Fine Art
- Studio Practice and context 1
- Studio Practice and context 2
- Professional Practice and Placement
- Personal Project Development and Professional Practice
- Fine Art Project Resolution
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Staffordshire University (Stoke Campus)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|