This course will provide you with high-quality, advanced skills and knowledge in sustainable crop, livestock and land management. You will gain practical skills on our college farm combined with advanced scientific, technical and business enterprise skills which are key components of the course. You will also gain valuable industry experience through work-related activity. The aim of this Foundation Degree in Agriculture is to provide you with a vocationally relevant Higher Education qualification, the content of which reflects the knowledge, skills and competencies expected by the agricultural industry. Specifically, these include:
- the management of a range of crop science and production systems, specifically in relation to growth, protection, nutrition and soil management.
- the knowledge and application of science and technology for optimum crop production, harvesting and transportation.
- the knowledge and application of animal science and livestock production systems, specifically in relation to livestock husbandry, nutrition, health and welfare.
- a knowledge and understanding of future demands for improved sustainability in the agricultural sector and the use of agricultural technologies and biosciences to achieve improved efficiency and production.
- the investigation and understanding of sustainable management practices to facilitate the optimal and innovate use of land based resources technology.
- the applied business and management skills and knowledge necessary to effectively manage within the agricultural sector.
The units which make up the course include: Year 1 (Level 4) Business Development in Agriculture and Land Management Scientific Methods for Agricultural Management Sustainable Crop Production Livestock Husbandry, Health and Welfare Year 2 (Level 5) Sustainable Land Management Business Enterprise in the Agricultural Sector Agricultural Science and Biotechnology Investigating Sustainable Agriculture
Assessment will be through reports, course work, group work and presentations, as well as practical assessments and final exams set in the first and second year for four of the units.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
You will need: 32-48 UCAS points including a relevant science OR Advanced Extended Diploma in Agriculture, Countryside Management, Fisheries Management, Horticulture or Animal Care with good references OR An equivalent Advanced level qualification with GCSEs in English, Maths and Science at A*- C We also welcome applications from mature students who will be considered individually on experience rather than qualifications. Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course https://www.bedford.ac.uk/our-courses/subjects/agriculture/agriculture-foundation-degree-fdsc-levels-4-5
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding