Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview There are many elements to our legal system. Its variety is what makes it an exciting field to work in. This foundation year helps you prepare for the LLM if you don’t have traditional academic qualifications. You’ll learn the basics of law and how this applies across society. You’ll also develop the academic and study skills you need to complete a university degree. Enter the legal profession This is the first step on your journey to becoming a legal professional. It will give you a solid grounding in law that you’ll build on during the three or four years of your LLB. If you want to train as a barrister or solicitor, you’ll need to complete additional vocational qualifications after you graduate with your full degree. Learn from professionals Our staff are practising legal professionals and experienced legal scholars. They’ll share their experience with you on this course and your full LLB. During your full degree, you’ll be able to take advantage of our extensive industry connections. Choose the four-year route to undertake a work placement to gain professional experience. Features and Benefits
- Adapt to university life – find your feet and get to know your lecturers. This foundation year is designed to prepare you for your LLB.
- Legal hub – Manchester is the second largest legal centre in the UK. You’ll study surrounded by legal firms of all sizes.
- Experienced professionals – our staff are legal professionals. They’ve worked as barristers, solicitors and district judges. They understand what it takes to secure a successful legal career.
- Industry connections – we have strong links to the Northern Circuit and the leading legal firms and partnerships. This can help you develop valuable experience.
- Future study – the full LLB is a qualifying law degree. That means you can progress to the vocational courses you need to qualify as a solicitor or barrister.
- Join our award-wining Law Society – get involved with the legal community at Manchester Met, take part in national mooting competitions and listen to guest lectures from legal experts.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||80 points|
|A level||CDD||To include at least one relevant A level (excludes Art and Design, Media Studies and Business/Business Studies).|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP||Applied Law or Business (Law)|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum 80 UCAS Tariff points.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DM||Applied Law or Business (Law)|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||24 points|
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69