The Masters in Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry will extend the depth and breadth of your knowledge in all branches of chemistry and with some specialisation in medicinal chemistry, this programme will be suited to the role of a professional chemist capable of conducting research. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- Ranked 6th in the UK (Complete University Guide 2020), Chemistry at Glasgow continues to meet student expectations combining both teaching excellence and a supportive learning environment.
- All of our Masters programmes in the School of Chemistry are accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- The School of Chemistry is a member of ScotCHEM that brings together seven Universities in Scotland. ScotCHEM is committed to excellence and to providing the highest quality postgraduate education and researcher experience.
- The school has an Athena Swan Bronze Award, demonstrating the school’s commitment to supporting women in scientific studies and careers, and to improving the working environment for all.
- You will benefit from our links with industrial scientists, often from pharmaceutical companies, who regularly visit the School of Chemistry to give presentations.
- You will undertake a research project embedded within one of our internationally-leading research groups, and supplemented by specialist lecture courses.
- You will develop transferable skills that will improve your career prospects, such as project management, team-working, advanced data analysis, problem-solving, preparing and presenting oral and poster presentations, critical evaluation of scientific literature, advanced laboratory and computing skills, and how to effectively communicate with different audiences.
- Our Masters programmes will, therefore, provide an excellent foundation for any kind of career of scientific leadership in academia and industry.
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'.
Normally at least a 2.1 Honours degree in chemistry (or equivalent). Please note BSc and MSci Chemistry and BSc and MSci Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry graduates from the University of Glasgow should not apply for this programme. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.