Our Chemistry with Biomedicine MSci course will give you a strong theoretical and experimental understanding of chemistry. You’ll explore the different strands of chemistry and apply them to biological and biomedical systems - all under the guidance of our research-led scientists. In your final year of the MSci, you’ll explore your interests with a 6-month research project in our state-of-the-art labs or with our hospital partners. The course is designed to train you to be an articulate, flexible and biomedically aware chemist, with a broad range of skills for a wide variety of careers starting with chemical, biotech and pharmaceutical industries and extending to wide careers such as finance, law and media. Key benefits
- Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- The only London university to combine Chemistry and Biomedicine, taking advantage of King’s strengths in biomedical research.
- You’ll benefit from research-enriched teaching from internationally renowned scientists and researchers.
- You’ll have access to our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, located in the heart of London.
- Includes a major six-month project in our labs or with our hospital partners.
- Includes an opportunity to transfer to a Study Abroad pathway and spend your third year, or a semester of your third year or fourth year, studying at a partner institution before returning to King’s to complete your studies.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Required subjects: Chemistry, and at least one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|