The MSc Applied Educational & Social Research is a full-time one-year or two-year part-time degree, ideal for those looking to enhance their academic and professional understanding of research.
- look at the issues facing educational and social researchers and offers a range of intellectual and practical resources to structure and explore these issues
- available both as face-to-face attendance and as a form of blended learning involving face-to-face meetings with additional web-based content delivered by a dedicated online environment
- learn to evaluate, design, conduct, analyse and justify applied research
- benefit from teaching by internationally-recognised experts
- tailor the choice of classes to your personal interests
Compulsory modules: Education research and enquiry; design strategies in educational and social research; data collection in educational and social research; data analysis in education and social research. Optional modules: Further quantitative research design and analysis; further qualitive research design and analysis.
You'll be assessed through written coursework that draws on academic study and reflection on practical experiences in educational and social research. You'll receive individual support to write a dissertation of 12,000 to 15,000 words on a negotiated topic of interest.
An undergraduate degree or equivalent.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7100||Year 1|
Additional fee information
There are several scholarship opportunities available for students applying for this course. Please see website for further details.