A good understanding of accounting, finance and the environments in which they operate is essential for anyone working in, or wanting to enter, the accounting profession. Our BSc Accounting with Finance will help you develop both the quantitative and analytical skills required for a career in accountancy and a range of transferable skills, including decision-making, management and perceptive abilities. You will:
- learn to critically evaluate the use and suitability of accounting and finance techniques in different contexts
- learn to work out processes of calculation, reporting and evaluation
- understand the factors that influence the financial decision-making process.
- Recognised by CIMA, the world's largest professional body of management accountants, and ACCA, the global body for professional accountants.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Birkbeck’s research excellence was confirmed in the most recent Research Excellence Framework, with 83% of our research rated world-leading or internationally excellent.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- chartered accountant
- chartered certified accountant
- chartered management accountant
- management consultant.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Most modules are assessed by an unseen formal examination and coursework; examinations are normally taken at the end of each term.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. We also accept other English language tests.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Institutions Own Test (IOT)
Applicants who do not have grade C or grade 4 in GCSE-level English and mathematics may be required to carry out a skills audit at a selection evening, which comprises English and mathematics. This audit assesses an applicant’s potential to cope with, and benefit from, a particular programme of study.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6935||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry form
020 3907 0700
Our Clearing hotline opens at 8.30am on Tuesday 10th August until 6pm and 9am on Wednesday 11th August until 6pm. From Thursday 12th August our phone lines will be open 10.30 - 6pm (Mon-Thur) and 10.30 -5pm (Fri). Virtual Clearing Event - http://www.bbk.ac.uk/events/
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700