Birkbeck, University of London has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
A good understanding of accounting, finance and the environments in which they operate is essential for anyone working in, or wanting to enter, the accounting profession. Our BSc Accounting with Finance will help you develop both the quantitative and analytical skills required for a career in accountancy and a range of transferable skills, including decision-making, management and perceptive abilities. You will:
- learn to critically evaluate the use and suitability of accounting and finance techniques in different contexts
- work out processes of calculation, reporting and evaluation
- understand the factors that influence the financial decision-making process.
- Recognised by CIMA and ACCA.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Birkbeck’s research excellence was confirmed in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, which placed Birkbeck 30th in the UK for research, with 73% of our research rated world-leading or internationally excellent.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Most modules are assessed by an unseen formal examination and coursework; examinations are normally taken at the end of each term.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Certified Accountants, Chartered Association of
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. If you don’t meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses, foundation programmes and language support services to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Institutions Own Test (IOT)
Applicants who do not have grade C or grade 4 in GCSE-level English and mathematics may be required to carry out a skills audit at a selection evening, which comprises English and mathematics. This audit assesses an applicant’s potential to cope with, and benefit from, a particular programme of study.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|