Ranked 11th in the country for Paramedic Science, Occupational Health and Podiatry in the Best UK University Guardian League Table, 2021 for student satisfaction and quality of teaching for our health professions programmes. This means that you can be confident about the high standard and quality of teaching you receive. This course will provide you with a wide range of academic and practice components to equip you with the required competencies to become a Paramedic. The course is a three year course over 45 weeks of the year. Successful completion of the BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science will enable you to apply for registration as a Paramedic with the Health Professions Council (HCPC), meeting the HCPC’s education requirements for registration. Our teaching team is made up of a subject leader and a number of Lecturer / Senior Lecturers who are experienced Paramedics, Specialist Paramedics and an Emergency care sister. All of our teaching staff have significant practice experience and qualifications. By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop* to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- We invest more money into your education than 90% of Universities in the UK**
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
STAGE 1: • Fundamentals of Emergency Clinical Care (compulsory) • Biosciences 1 (compulsory) • Professional Studies for Paramedics (compulsory) • Paramedic Practice 1 (compulsory) STAGE 2: • Paramedic Clinical Care (compulsory) • Biosciences 2 (compulsory) • Research Module for Paramedic Science (compulsory) • Paramedic Practice 2 (compulsory) STAGE 3: • Contemporary issues in Paramedic Practice (compulsory) • Practice Focused Research Project (compulsory) • Enhanced Clinical Care (compulsory) • Paramedic Practice 3 (compulsory)
- Students must take the compulsory modules. Students who do not complete the Honours Degree will be eligible for an Ordinary Degree upon successful completion of a minimum of 60 Level 6 credits. These can be from any Level 6 modules, whether identified as compulsory or designated. The name of the Ordinary Degree will differ from that of the Honours Degree due to professional body requirements. Details can be found in the relevant Supplementary Regulations.
Throughout the paramedic science degree, we use a broad range of assessments , for example: range of essays, written exams, oral exams, presentations and practical (OSCE) exams. This is balanced through the years, so there is an even mix in each year and you must pass all the modules in the previous year to progress to the next.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Health and Care Professions Council
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
A-level or Extended Diploma or T-level in Biology or Science or Health Related plus 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade 4 (or C) to include Mathematics and English Language
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
For more information, please visit our website under the heading ‘Interview Information’: https://www.northampton.ac.uk/courses/paramedic-science-bsc-hons/
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|