This programme draws on recent developments in finance with a quantitative approach to help you understand the structure of financial markets in order for you to make optimal investment decisions. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- MSc Quantitative Finance will provide you will a detailed understanding of:
- You will put theory into practice by using software packages such as C++ and Matlab, and will have access to our Bloomberg training room to enhance your employability skills.
- You will develop programming skills to utilise in the workplace. In lectures you will be taught the theory and be provided with a financial problem and you will solve these in labs/tutorials.
- We are now partners with Bloomberg Experiential Learning. The ELP program recognises and celebrates academic institutions that are leaders in experiential learning through the integration of Bloomberg terminal exercises into curriculum.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
- Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited.
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'. Classes start September 2023 and you may be expected to attend induction sessions the week before.
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics, finance, engineering, physics, or another highly mathematical discipline. Only applications that meet or exceed our stated entry requirements will go forward for consideration. Any application that does not will be automatically rejected. Applicants will be made offers based on their relative performance compared to other applicants, taking into account both current GPA, or degree classification, and the relevance of an applicant’s academic background. Please note, applications that meet our minimum entry requirements may still be rejected, based on its score in comparison to other applications received during the same round. Please review our stated entry requirements to ensure you meet or exceed them before submitting your application. International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.