Find your individual voice and put your passion into practice on a course that will see you graduate as a versatile and highly employable dance artist, ready to forge a portfolio career within the dance sector. The course comprises daily technique classes including contemporary, ballet and commercial; fitness sessions; choreography and creative sessions; workshops in digital technologies, dance-teaching skills and community dance practices. You will also be encouraged to think, write and talk about how dance theory informs your work. There are many opportunities to perform in works by professional choreographers for the University Dance Company, as well as works created by your fellow students. Performances are presented in our professional theatre. The emphasis is on professional practice, technical competence, creativity and teamwork, a combination that supports students to be versatile, adaptable and employable. Why choose this course?
- Learn from our highly experienced teaching team specialising in different areas of dance
- Develop your skills through visiting dance artists and choreographers
- Create your own work for performance, including a major piece for the annual student showcase and dance festival
- Gain performance experience in our up-to-the-minute dance studios and professional 280-seat theatre
- Explore extra-curricular activities including cultural exchanges, dance societies and trips
- Take up opportunities for internships and participation in external dance projects
Areas of study include:
- Analysing Performance
- Dance Technique and Choreography
- Dance Technique and Digital Performance
- Understanding Performance
- Understanding the Performance Sector
- Working in the Performance Sector
- Dance Technique and Improvisation
- Dance Technique and Performance Making
- Questioning Performance
- Teaching and Community Practice
- Choreographic Production
- Practice as Research
- Professional Practice in Performing Arts
- University Dance Company
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bedford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course