This specialist award in Social Care is designed for those who want to develop a career within the expanding social care sector. It offers opportunities to study specialist areas of social care and includes:
- the provision of formal and informal care
- the knowledge, core values and ethics that underpin social care provision
- the assessment, management and organisation of social care and
- specialisms in, child care, adult care and elder care that focus on : the child in trouble; substance misuse; mental health; and learning disability
- care management,
- housing associations and various forms of supported living,
- early year settings (work with children under 5),
- supporting young people,
- supporting people with a learning disability,
- supporting older people,
- policy research and development and advocacy
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
As an EU or International applicant you will need to showcase your English language proficiency skills during your admissions process. The below qualifications are accepted for a number of courses, please be aware these scores are a guide on what is acceptable. http://wlv.ac.uk/english We have a suite of courses that require differing English language proficiency, these requirements are there to ensure that you have the correct ability to achieve your desired qualification with us. You will also need to check each individual course page for accuracy as our Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies courses require specific English qualifications prior to entry.
English Language Requirements - EU and International Applicants
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course