We have designed our Medical Ultrasound course for radiographers, doctors, midwives, scientists and others who want to practice clinical ultrasound in their professional roles. Our lectures are organised in block release, in conjunction with compulsory clinical placements so that you can take the course while still working. In accordance with accepted good practice, the course integrates theory with practice, meaning that you will perform diagnostic ultrasound examinations as you learn. Key benefits
- Accredited by the Consortium for the Accreditation of Sonographic Education (CASE).
- Expert outside speakers contribute extensively to the course.
- Located in the heart of London and part of the Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine, the course attracts students from a variety of disciplines.
- Practice focused: you will develop and apply diagnostic ultrasound imaging skills in your own clinical training placement.
- Substantial student-tutor contact time supplemented by e-learning.
Bachelor's degree with 2:2 honours or equivalent in a life science, radiography, nursing or medicine. All applicants must have written confirmation of a suitable clinical training placement. Those with full SVT accreditation may be exempt from the first year. Qualified sonographers may take the Vascular Ultrasound module as a stand-alone module. Entry is subject to satisfactory references and interview.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course