Sport reaches children in a way that nothing else can or does. It doesn’t just excite and entertain but – with the right skills and knowledge – can also engage young minds, inspire real change and unite communities. This degree course has been developed to give you that power, by uniting academic expertise from across Manchester Met with the experience and profile of the Manchester United Foundation. With a potent combination of classroom teaching and work-based learning, it’s a course designed to make you an inspirational leader – a coach on the training ground, a mentor in the classroom and a champion for young people in the community. You’ll tackle issues around inequality, explore the psychology of behaviour and get to grips with sporting practice, all while gaining practical skills and experiences by working on regular placements with the Foundation. It’s no ordinary sports degree. When you leave us, you’ll have the specialist knowledge and experiences tailor made for a career in sport development, youth leadership or community sports coaching. More importantly, you’ll have the skills to give children every chance in life – to use the power of football to unlock their potential, promote their wellbeing and find a better future. Features and benefits
- Brings the academic expertise at the Manchester Met Institute of Sport together with the community impact of the Manchester United Foundation.
- Offers significant work-based learning, with placement units, volunteering opportunities and potential part-time work.
- Learn from leading academics from across the University, with experts in both Sport and Exercise Science and in Health and Education.
- Develop your skills in the impressive surroundings of our £26 million Institute of Sport building, opened in 2022.
- Visit Old Trafford for specialist sessions and guest lectures.
- Gain professional coaching qualifications alongside your degree.
- Manchester United Foundation works with more than 20,000 young people across its school partnerships and community projects every year.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All learners will require an enhanced DBS check and clearance, completed no more than three months before the start of the course. Instructions on how to complete the DBS check through the University will be provided once you hold a firm offer for this course.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building