Combine in-depth knowledge and practical skills with strategic management abilities to prepare for a rewarding career anywhere in the world.
- Boost your professional credibility on a course with non-technical accreditation by the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, the Permanent Way Institution, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation and the Institute of Highway Engineers
- This course is also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Take your first steps towards coveted Chartered Engineer status: this course meets the Further Learning requirements for registration
- Cover critical issues facing the industry today, from flood risk engineering management to sustainable development
- Apply your learning to real-world projects and scenarios
- You can study the Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma as stand-alone awards or study online
Modules such as: research methods (application and evaluation); flood risk engineering management; construction contracts and dispute resolution; geomatic monitoring and asset engineering; continuing professional development and strategic management; project planning, value engineering and risk management; negotiated module; transport and infrastructure engineering and sustainable design; environmental performance management for sustainable development; sustainable construction methods and materials; independent scholarship.
Assignments are aligned to real life projects and scenarios, with site visits designed to complement the curriculum content. You will be assessed mainly through coursework assignments. Exams also occur in one core and two optional modules.
You will require: A minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in civil engineering or an equivalent professional qualification of equal standing, or professional experience that would support your application. If English is not your first language you will need to demonstrate proficiency in English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.