Are you keen to engage with contemporary challenges and opportunities in public health? The field of public health is expanding globally, in the context of increased migration, conflict, natural disasters and pandemics. The market therefore requires increased numbers of public health professionals. Our dynamic course considers the impact the social determinants have on population health, the range of effective interventions and the ethical implications when working in public health promotion. The programme provides the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and values which are transferable for applications for careers working in public health in the NHS.
- Gain knowledge and skills to work in public health environments
- Learn from an experienced and approachable teaching team with wide ranging professional and academic backgrounds
- Make a positive contribution to public health provision and the growing need for a trained, effective workforce of public health professionals
- Benefit from excellent networks and practitioners with extensive experience of working in public health promotion
- Learn about key public health issues and diseases in relation to the UK population as well as international public health policy and priorities
Normally a first or second-class Honours degree (or international equivalent). You could be working in a public health-related role already or are ambitious to enter the field.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||An overall score of 6.0, including 5.5 in writing is required. If you require Student Visa sponsorship, you will require a minimum of 5.5 in all 4 components.|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9775||Whole course|
|Channel Islands||£9775||Whole course|
|Republic of Ireland||£9775||Whole course|
Additional fee information
University of Winchester