Course Overview Get set for a career working on some of the most technically-advanced vehicles in the world, at the highest level in motor sports and engineering, with our Motorsports Engineering Foundation Entry Degree. Why study with us
- This course is absolutely focused on delivering top flight motorsport engineering professionals, with a proven track record of employment including Formula 1 and other single seater categories, to sportscars (i.e. LMP/LMH), GT and Touring Cars.
- Through projects, you’ll gain real engineering experiences, and skills like presenting, time and project management.
- You’ll travel to internationally renowned events, including Formula Student and the Shell Eco-Marathon, building-up great contacts.
- You’ll work on personal and team projects to understand the design-development-manufacture cycle and the strategies associated with developing vehicles and products.
- There’s a dedicated workshop catering for Formula Student, Formula Ford race cars, eco-marathon cars, and a race car simulator.
- People from industry, current and former students will get to see your work when you present it at our Engineering Expo event.
- This BEng course is professionally accredited by the IMechE (which represents mechanical engineers and the engineering profession) as meeting partial fulfilment of the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
- This BEng course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers as meeting the academic requirement for membership and registration for Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Mechanical Engineers, Institution of
- Engineering Designers, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding