- Our LLB (Hons) Law with Business combines an internationally recognised LLB degree with a broad understanding of modern business, ensuring you will be perfectly placed to pursue a successful professional career in a legal or business context.
- By combining an internationally recognised LLB degree with a broad understanding of modern business, you’ll be perfectly placed to pursue a successful professional career as a solicitor or barrister in either a business context or as a practice manager.
- Right from the outset, this course focuses on developing transferable legal skills, including research, oral and written communication skills and mooting. Whether you use this academic training to go on and professionally train as a solicitor or barrister is up to you - this course can open up many career paths in the world of business.
- Business managers benefit from knowledge of the law whilst lawyers benefit from an understanding of business practice and behaviour. With this combination of knowledge and skills you will be highly valued by employers.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours in Law with Business is ranked 5th in the UK with 92% of students satisfied with teaching (National Student Survey 2020).
- Many staff are professionally qualified and research active, which informs their teaching.
- Our Business Law Clinic, Pro Bono Law Clinic, and Mediation Clinic give you first-hand experiences of legal practice, providing countless opportunities to deal with real cases.
Year 1: Compulsory Law Modules; Lawyers Skills and Personal Development, The Law of Contract, Public Law, Legal System. Compulsory Business Modules: Business Relationships, Introduction to Business Economics and Finance Year 2: Compulsory Law Modules; Legal Research and Reasoning and Personal Development, Criminal Law, EU Law, The Law of Torts. Examples of Optional Business Modules (students must choose at least 1); The Global Environment of Business, Project and Operations Management, Business Economics. Examples of Optional Law Modules; Family Law, Media Law, Sports Law, Employment Law Year 3: Compulsory Law Modules; Interviewing, employability and personal development, Land Law, Equity and Trusts. Examples of Optional Business Modules: (students must choose at least 1) Business Strategy, Contemporary Issues in Business. Examples of Optional Law Modules; Law Clinic, Intellectual Property Law, Company Law, EU Business Law, Dissertation, Project, Placement
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|