Loughborough College has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
This two-year Foundation Degree programme has been designed to enable a multidisciplinary study of Events Management at a higher level. You will gain a theoretical and practical understanding of the Events Industry. The modules on this course will provide you with the skills and experience necessary for successful employment through a combination of theoretical study and practical tasks. This programme will allow you to enhance your current knowledge and skills in order to develop as an informed events specialist. Your learning will include lectures, seminars, guest speakers, conferences, practical tasks at events, trips, peer-group learning and independent study. The programme allows you to study modules such as:
- Special Events
- Marketing in Events
- Events and Hospitality Planning
- Crowd Safety
- Human Resource Management
- Induction and team-building trips
- Opportunity to attend local events, festivals and conferences
- Plan and deliver your own Young Enterprise event as part of a team
- A chance to gain work experience placements through the college’s HE contacts
- Opportunities to achieve additional qualifications such as the ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management, and the Food Safety Certificate in Catering
- Study a course that provides you with the essential skills and experience to enhance your employability or prepare you for further study.
- Study in a supportive environment, with a range of services at your fingertips to help you reach your full potential.
- Loughborough College was awarded TEF Gold 2019..
- Be a full member of Loughborough Students Union- consistently voted No.1 for student experience.
Year 1 Modules: Customer Care, Work Based Experience, Leadership, Marketing, Introduction to Events, Event & Hospitality Planning 1 and Research and Academic Skills. Year 2 Modules: Research Project, Human Resource Management, Finance, Special Events, Business Enterprise & Event & Hospitality Planning 2
The programme uses a variety of assessment techniques to ensure that you can demonstrate the range of learning outcomes. Subject knowledge and understanding is assessed through examinations, coursework essays, coursework reports, individual or group presentations, written evaluations, debates and posters will be used as other forms of assessment. These also assess a range of transferable skills, including confidence in academic written communication.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We welcome application from mature student over the age of 21 and may be flexible on our normal offer. If you show a commitment to succeeded and have the relevant skills and experience of working within the industry.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7750||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£7750||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page