This highly practical course has been designed with the future in mind. Taking into consideration growing disciplines such as artificial intelligence, you will study several defined business areas that reflect the ever-changing needs of the market. These include modules such as Digital Transformation and Innovation in Business and Ethical and Responsible Leadership. Employability is at the heart of our Business Management course. Alongside the opportunity of a year-long placement, you will also work on integrated case studies, which will give you the opportunity to hear from and gain insight into global brands such as Apple and Amazon. You will step away from the confines of your text books and apply your theoretical knowledge to practical business simulations set by executives from these global businesses. You will receive an excellent grounding in all aspects of business management, incorporating knowledge from a range of disciplines such as accounting, economics, finance, human resource management, marketing, and sustainability. A Business Management degree at DMU can open up an exciting career path in a wide range of specialist areas such as project consulting, project management, and digital transformation. Previous graduates from this degree have gone on to successful careers in world-renowned organisations, including Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Caterpillar, HP and The Body Shop. Key features
- Gain real-time insights on the state of global companies, in the past students have worked with executives from companies such as Amazon and Apple, through integrated case studies and business simulations.
- Our 'In Business With' initiative brings business leaders into your classroom to give you a better understanding of how business works in the real world. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about their success and failures which you can then apply to your future career.
- Benefit from our guest lecture series run by executives from popular blue-chip companies, in previous years we’ve had the likes of Amazon, Apple and contestants from the apprentice.
- You’ll be provided with an excellent grounding in all aspects of business which will give you the ability to critically evaluate organisations in terms of their key areas of business management, structures, functions, and processes.
- Develop the values, skills, knowledge, and behaviours that will enable you to contribute to the development of a just, peaceful, and sustainable world through the Contemporary Issues in Sustainable Business module.
- Students have secured year-long placements in companies such as BMW, Jaguar Land Rover and Siemens, through our DMU Works careers and employability team who provide exceptional support that will help you plan your career path.
- Through block teaching, you will focus on one subject at a time instead of several at once. This means that you will be able to focus closely on each subject and absorb your learning material in more depth, whilst working more closely with your tutors and course mates.
Year 1: Block 1: Foundations of Business Management Block 2: Introduction to Marketing Block 3: Accounting & Budget Management Block 4: Human Resource & People Management Year 2: Block 1: Finance and Reporting for Management Decisions Block 2: Contemporary Issues in Sustainable Business Block 3: Business Research and Analysis Block 4: Choose one from the below: Ethical and Responsible Leadership Global Operations and Supply Chain Management Work Based Management Project Year 3: Block 1: Choose one from the below: Digital Transformation and Innovation in Business Business Analytics and Managing Data Critical Issues in Global Business Block 2: Choose one from the below: Managing Business Projects Change, Innovation and Knowledge Management Crisis and Risk Management Block 3: Business Strategy and Simulation Block 4: Choose one from the below: Dissertation Business Project
We want to ensure you have the best learning experience possible and a supportive and nurturing learning community. That’s why we’re introducing a new block model for delivering the majority of our courses, known as Education 2030. This means a more simplified timetable where you will study one subject at a time instead of several at once. You will have more time to engage with your learning and get to know the teaching team and course mates. You will receive faster feedback through more regular assessment, and have a better study-life balance to enjoy other important aspects of university life. You will be taught through a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, group work and self-directed study. Assessment and how assessments are weighted is varied across modules. Assessment may include, but is not limited to, portfolios of learning, essays, reports, presentations, or exams. Our assessment practices reflect the best practices in teaching methods deployed by academic member of staff each year. Indicative assessment weighting and assessment type per module are shown as part of the module information. Again, these are based on the current academic session.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Leicester Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||including a minimum of 5.5 in each component|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|