Studying geography at King's enables you to examine some of the key issues facing the world today, including sustainability, global inequality, urban regeneration and gentrification, as well as the impacts of climate change and environmental degradation on society. Our Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Geography course offers an exciting course of study covering Development, the Environment, Urban and Cultural Geography, Geocomputation and Spatial Analysis as well as interactions with Physical Geography. You will learn advanced analytical and technical skills that can be applied to understanding a range of real-world issues and graduate with a distinct set of skills, determined by your study pathway. Key benefits
- You will be studying cutting-edge materials in a range of disciplines taught by staff who are recognised leaders in their fields.
- All applicants of our full time BSc or BA are eligible for the £9,000 scholarship opportunity, including UK, EU and Overseas students.
- Field trips are an important aspect of the King’s experience. We currently visit Spain in the first year, and the USA, India, Lisbon and Cape Town in the second year.
- Our recently refurbished accommodation offers high-quality teaching and social facilities.
- Situated in central London, you will have access to numerous libraries and facilities as well as discovering the cultural destinations of the city.
- This programme has been accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG). Accredited degree programmes contain a solid academic foundation in geographical knowledge and skills, and prepare graduates to address the needs of the world beyond higher education.
- We focus on research-enhanced education. In the most recent assessment, almost 80% of our research was rated as internationally excellent or world leading.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Required subjects: None Preferred subjects: None
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|