BA (Hons) Computer Animation and Visual Effects is a practice-led, concept-driven course which will enable you to explore the creative process through a range of digital technologies. You will be introduced to a range of 2D and 3D digital tools that are key to developing your conceptual, creative and technical skillset. From low-poly modelling to character animation, cinematography to compositing, this course will offer you the opportunity to learn industry-standard practices whilst experimenting with new and emerging technologies. In Year 2, you’ll choose to specialise in either Computer Animation or Visual Effects:
- The Computer Animation specialism will support you to develop the broad skillset needed to create 3D digital art across established industries such as animation, film, television or games.
- The Visual Effects specialism will provide you with a working knowledge of the broad skillset and expertise needed to work within the visual effects industries across areas such as compositing, live action, environment creation and CG integration.
- Technical skills: You’ll learn core skills in 2D and 3D visual practices, along with a range of different techniques and procedures in line with professional industry standards.
- Creativity: You’ll develop your creative and critical skills to articulate meaningful ideas in your practice that promote equality, diversity, and inclusivity and themes around sustainability and sustainable practices.
- Emerging technology: You’ll have the opportunity to explore technologies such as Virtual Production (VP), Virtual Reality (VR), motion capture and Unreal Engine, bringing digital worlds and characters to life while developing an understanding of software, workflow and pipeline principles.
- Specialist facilities: You’ll have access to specialist tools and facilities including the Green Screen Studio, motion capture suit, 3D printers, Artec 3D scanners, specialist camera equipment, render farms, VR headsets, tablet monitors and a range of specialist software.
- Accreditation: Nuke is the most commonly used software in the visual effects industry, and BA (Hons) Computer Animation and Visual Effects is accredited as a Nuke training course and centre by Foundry - a leading creative software developer for the digital design, media and entertainment industries.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- London College of Communication
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of the Arts London
272 High Holborn