OVERVIEW Do you want to further develop your existing skills and experience around sports nutrition or athlete performance? Our Strength, Conditioning and Sports Nutrition top-up degree combines theory and practical work to help mould you into an effective strength and conditioning coach or an expert in sport and exercise science. Designed for anyone who has previously studied a relevant subject (up to Level 5), our strength and conditioning top-up course uses the latest industry research and evidence to ensure you have the most up-to-date practitioner knowledge. You will combine these disciplines with an ability to manipulate an athlete’s nutritional plan to benefit their performance, as well as knowledge and skills to assess and develop athletic fitness. You will also have chances to put this training into practice in our Human Performance Centre and through work experience in the industry. This top-up degree is one of only a small number of courses in the UK accredited by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as part of the NSCA Education Recognition Programme. You will also have options to gain further industry-accredited qualifications, as well as the opportunity to apply for UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) accreditation. WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Practical application – Test your practical skills working in our outstanding sports facilities on campus, including our state-of-the-art Human Performance Centre and Laboratory
- Work experience – Boost your industry engagement through a variety of work experience opportunities throughout your course
- Enrichment – Enhance your career prospects with a range of additional professional qualifications, including Level 2 Gym Instructor, UKCC 1st4Sport Level 1/2 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting (British Weight Lifting) and Level 3 Sports Massage*
- Industry approved – Graduate with an NSCA-accredited strength and conditioning degree, preparing you for long-term professional success after your studies
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Personal trainer
- Fitness centre manager
- Exercise physiologist (in the sports sector)
- Please refer to our website www.ucb.ac.uk for the latest updates to this course
- Applied Strength and Conditioning
- Nutrition for Performance
- Sports Project
Note: Indicative information only. Actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. Please be aware that methods of delivery for this course may be altered due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic – for the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website: www.ucb.ac.uk ASSESSMENT Estimated breakdown of assessment for this top-up degree course:
- Coursework – 73%
- Practical assessment – 27%
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 3
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All non-EU international students can apply directly via our online application forms: https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/direct-application/intro Undergraduate applicants can also apply via UCAS, if they wish to apply to more than one university. The International Admissions team aim to respond to any new application made directly via the online application form within 5 working days of receipt. However, this can vary during peak application periods (particularly January-March) or if the team require additional information to process your application. Applicants who apply to transfer to University College Birmingham on to a second year or final year of a course will have their previous course matched for entry. Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all information on your application form. We may also need to contact you regarding your immigration status or previous studies in the UK.
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
To be completed later
University College Birmingham