To truly understand how sport and exercise affects the body, it’s vital to take an approach rooted in medical insight. On this ground-breaking degree, you’ll investigate how movement prevents disease, nutrition influences health and physical inactivity changes our body. There are few places in the world better placed to develop your learning than the Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine at King’s. Not only do we have connections to London’s many centres of sporting excellence, our course benefits from the research and teaching at one of the world’s great medical schools. Key benefits
- Explore a broad area that covers several related disciplines including nutrition, biochemistry and psychology
- Benefit from our extensive expertise – few institutions cover such a diverse range of human physiology research areas
- Learn from lecturers who are world leaders in areas including skeletal, cardiac and respiratory muscle physiology, ageing, tissue regeneration, and more
- Be the first to hear drug-related breakthroughs from our world-class bio-analytical and pharmaceutical laboratories
- Complete research projects under the supervision of leading researchers or work with an elite organisation
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Required subjects: two subjects from Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Physical Education or Mathematics. Preferred subjects: Biology
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||62 overall with a minimum of 59 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||92 overall with 23 in writing and 20 in the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||176 overall with a minimum of 169 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||176 overall with a minimum of 169 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with pass in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 6.5|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band D.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|