Combine your interest in fashion with business management skills. This course focuses on the management of the entire fashion chain with our unique emphasis on fashion product – from design development and sourcing, to buying and merchandising, sales and marketing, and promotion to the consumer. With links to an impressive network of international fashion and textile organisations, you’ll learn about all the processes and elements of the fashion industry needed to inform and shape your future career in fashion management. You have the option of a year-long work placement in your Third Year, allowing you to gain invaluable industry experience and confidence. This course will provide you with the skills required for making business decisions combined with effective communication skills required in the global fashion industry. Key features
- Gain a sound understanding of fibres, yarns, fabrics, product construction, planning, manufacturing and distribution of a consumer-focused range, with an understanding of commercial strategies.
- Complete a year-long work placement, in the UK or abroad, gaining a certificate or diploma in professional practice.
- Work on live projects with brands such as John Lewis, Next, Boden and ASOS.
- Attend guest lectures with professionals from brands such as Boohoo, River Island, Urban Outfitters and #brillthings.
- Opportunity to apply for a European or international exchange to places like the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, Amsterdam Fashion Institute and Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Go on optional study trips to places such as Tokyo, New York, Première Vision in Paris and Pitti Filati in Florence.
- Exhibit your work at our Showcase, with the opportunity to take part in Graduate Fashion Week and the ASBCI National Dissertation and Innovation Awards. .
- This course attracts students from around the world, offering you a dynamic experience reflective of the working environment.
- NTU are ranked 13th in the UK for Fashion and Textiles. (The Guardian University Guide 2023).
- Fashion Industry (40 credit points, full year)
- Product Development (60 credit points, full year)
- Brand Me (20 credit points, full year)
- Buying, Merchandising and Product Management (40 credit points, first half of the year)
- Global Sourcing and Sustainability (40 credit points, second half of the year)
- Co Lab: Research, Exploration and Risk-taking (20 credit points, second half of the year)
- Optional module. You will also choose one 20-credit module from:
- Optional Placement Year
- Professional Development (20 credit points, full year)
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
A lower offer may be made based on a range of factors, including your background (such as where you live and the school or college you attended), your experiences and individual circumstances (you may have been in care, for example). This is called a contextual offer and we get data from UCAS to make these decisions. NTU offers a student experience like no other, and this approach helps us to find students who have the potential to succeed here, but may have faced barriers that can make it more difficult to access university. We also consider equivalent qualifications and combinations. Please contact Nottingham Trent University Admissions team for further information.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
Clearing contact detailsOnline Enquiry Form
Our Clearing Hotline is opening hours are: Monday to Thursday 0930-1630; Friday 0930-1600 From 17 August we have extended opening hours: Thursday 17 August 0800 - 1900 Friday 18 August 0800 - 1900 Saturday 19 August 0900 - 1700 Sunday 20 August 1000 - 1400 Monday 21 August - Friday 25 August 0900-1700
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Applicant Enquiries Team
+44(0)115 848 4200
+44 (0) 115 848 4200