Manchester Metropolitan University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
OVERVIEW Human Resource (HR) professionals manage people within organisations. To do this successfully, they need in depth legal and regulatory knowledge about employment. Working in this area offers many opportunities to make a difference, both to individuals and a business. HR management covers everything from attracting and retaining staff to engaging and developing key people across teams. Preparing for your future This foundation course will give you the basic knowledge and skills you need to undertake a full degree in HR Management. It’s designed to lead onto our BA (Hons) Human Resource Management degree. You’ll study subjects such as business intelligence and accounting, finance and economics in a business setting. This will give you a good overview of the environment in which HR managers work. You’ll also develop your academic and study skills to prepare you for degree-level study. We welcome students from traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. This means anyone can join a foundation year and use it as a stepping stone to a full degree. Once you successfully complete this course, you’ll be ready to your degree. You can study for three years, or four years and include a work placement or year studying abroad in your course. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Triple crown – study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Money matters – you can apply for student finance (eg tuition fee loan, student loan and student maintenance grant) in the same way as other students.
- Study in Manchester – a global city home to a huge range of organisations, from small creative agencies to large corporations.
- Placements – as part of the four-year degree, discover what it’s like to work in HR management through our excellent industry connections, or study abroad at an international partner institution.
- Learn a different language – boost your international employment prospects by studying a language as part of your full degree.
- Regular industry events – attend guest talks and masterclasses delivered by leading professionals and network with recruiting businesses at key industry events.
- Develop transferable skills – develop your team working, presentation and interview skills to lay strong foundations before progressing to your full degree.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||72 - 80 points|
|A level||DDD - CDD|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MMP|
|Access to HE Diploma||Pass Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject with a minimum 74 UCAS Tariff points.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||DM|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||24 points|
GCSE grade D/3 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade D/3 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course