Exploring the way in which our physical environment develops and how humans affect natural processes and interact within the world form the basis of the BSc (Hons) Geography at Liverpool John Moores University. This vocational programme offers plenty of opportunities to apply your knowledge in practical contexts. Fieldwork, completed both in the UK and overseas, is integral to the course. The BSc (Hons) Geography with Foundation Year is the ideal course if you are interested in this subject but lack the necessary qualifications to study it at degree level.
- Accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- Field trips to Greece, the Lake District, North Wales and the North West coast included in fees+
- Additional opportunities for overseas field trips to places such as Iceland+
- Focus on practical and field based learning activities so students develop applied skills and graduate work ready
- Access to state-of-the-art Geographical Information Systems and analytical equipment
- Regular extra curricular employability events, giving students the opportunity to network with high profile companies
- Options to undertake work placements of 4-6 weeks and/or 12 months
- Options to study abroad for part of the degree
- This degree is available to study following a foundation year
- International Foundation Year course available offering direct progression onto this degree programme - visit LJMU's International Study Centre to find out more
Please visit the Liverpool John Moores University website for detailed module information.
Assessment varies depending on the modules you choose, but will usually include a combination of exams and coursework. Most modules are assessed by coursework only, although there are some (less than a third) that have an exam component. We acknowledge that all students perform differently depending on the way they are assessed. At the same time skills acquisition is one of the principal aims of the programme. This is why we use a range of assessment methods, weighted towards coursework. Coursework may be in the form of fieldwork/practical/professional reports, essays, blogs, GIS and lab exercises, oral and poster presentations, group discussions, practical and employability skills evaluations. The small number of exams may include multiple choice, short answer, problem-based learning and essay questions. Some assignments are done in groups. Your final year research project will be assessed by a portfolio that could include progress reviews, presentations and skills evaluations and a dissertation.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Royal Geographical Society
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Prior to starting the programme applicants must have obtained grade 4 or grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics GCSE or an approved alternative qualification below: • Key Skills Level 2 in English/ Maths • NVQ Level 2 Functional skills in Maths and English Writing and/or Reading • Skills for Life Level 2 in Numeracy/English • Higher Diploma in Maths/ English • Functional skills level 2 in Maths/ English • Northern Ireland Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication or Application of Number • Wales Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication or Application of Number Prior to starting the programme
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Please see our Bursaries and Scholarships page for more information: https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/discover/fees-and-funding/bursaries-and-scholarships