This dynamic course provides you with essential skills that the current industry is expecting from the Quantity Surveying graduates and instils the work ethic as well as transferable skills necessary to function effectively in construction industry. The Value Engineering element is probably the most important element to the survival of the company in as much as how the work could be completed to the satisfaction of all parties to the contract and achievement of satisfactory outcome, whilst making for economic construction that meets the requirements. Quantity Surveyors are the financial controllers of the construction projects and are positioned in an important place within the hierarchy of team, they would often progress to Project Management and even to Financial Directorships of companies. The requirement of the Quantity Surveying discipline is detail orientation and application of principles, hence it often suits studious people who are ready to look at things in detail and evaluate processes in detail. With the help of the experienced staff we will help students to develop their skills that would be needed by them when they enter the construction industry.
Areas of study include:
- Academic and Computer Skills, Health and Safety for Quantity Surveying
- Measurement, Surveying and Management
- Project Development Regulations, Cost, Quality and Inspection
- Property Economics
- Sustainable Technologies and Environment
- Building Technology for Quantity Surveyors
- Contract Administration and Control
- Managing and Cost of Building Services
- Materials, Parallel Processes and Supply Chains
- Measurement and Processes
- Business Case, Development and Profitability
- Emerging Technologies in Construction Industry
- Final Accounts, Conflict Resolution and Arbitration
- Honours Project for Quantity Surveyors
- Project Management
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|