OVERVIEW Standing out in today’s competitive business world demands that creative spark. Firms need individuals with not only the core industry knowledge and skills, but also the entrepreneurial spirit and ability to innovate – qualities that are all the more vital for anyone who dreams of setting up their own business. Whether you want to advance in management positions or start your own company, our Business Enterprise top-up degree will expand upon your existing skill set to help you excel. Designed for anyone who has previously studied a relevant subject (up to Level 5), this final year top-up course gives you the chance to show your entrepreneurial edge by creating your own business plan, as well as allowing you to tailor your research towards a sector of the market that matches your career aims. Our business top-up degree is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. This means when you complete the course, you will also receive an industry-recognised Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI, boosting your attractiveness to potential employers. WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Industry approved – Complete our CMI-accredited business top-up course and receive a Level 5 award in Leadership, with CMI membership and access to learning resources throughout your studies
- Specialise your studies – From Brand Management to Social Entrepreneurship, tailor your course to match your career aims through our optional modules
- Business support – Want to set up your own business? Get expert guidance and input from our Enterprise Hive team to make your start-up idea a reality
- Enrichment – Gain additional practical skills with opportunities to study in our Financial Trading Suite and Digital Creative Studio
- Business owner
- Business development manager
- Management consultant
- Product manager
- Business adviser
- Sales executive
- Please refer to our website www.ucb.ac.uk for the latest updates to this course
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- Leadership and Change Management
- Financial Strategy
- Brand Management
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Advertising and Media Management
- International Marketing
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Research Project
Note: Indicative information only. Actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. Please be aware that methods of delivery for this course may be altered due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic – for the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website: www.ucb.ac.uk ASSESSMENT Estimated breakdown of assessment for this top-up course:
- Coursework – 70%
- Practical assessment – 22%
- Written examinations – 8%
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 3
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
- **Transferring from another university** At University College Birmingham, we consider applications from students who have studied, or are currently studying, a Higher Education course and now wish to transfer universities. - **What do I need to do?** To make an enquiry about studying at University College Birmingham, you will need to complete our online enquiry form -> **https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/ucb-direct-apply** Consideration for advanced entry will be dependent on the modules of your previous course, and how well this matches to the content of the course you wish to transfer to at University College Birmingham. Additionally, the process will be dependent on the number of credits achieved on your current course. Where similar study is apparent, it may be possible for us to award Accreditation for Previous Learning (APL) and, therefore, advanced entry onto a course at UCB will be permitted. Please note; due to the nature of this process, all applications are considered on an individual basis.
All non-EU international students can apply directly via our online application forms: https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/direct-application/intro Undergraduate applicants can also apply via UCAS, if they wish to apply to more than one university. The International Admissions team aim to respond to any new application made directly via the online application form within 5 working days of receipt. However, this can vary during peak application periods (particularly January-March) or if the team require additional information to process your application. Applicants who apply to transfer to University College Birmingham on to a second year or final year of a course will have their previous course matched for entry. Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all information on your application form. We may also need to contact you regarding your immigration status or previous studies in the UK.
If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email: [email protected] EU/international students Academic: European and International qualifications studied in a relevant subject matter will also be considered applicants will need to have achieved 120 ECTS or equivalent (European Credit Transfer) If you are unsure if your previous qualification is suitable please contact us before completing an application, you can call us on 0121 604 1040 or email EU: [email protected] International: [email protected]
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
To apply for all undergraduate degrees, if your first language is not English, you will need to sit an approved test in English.
UCB English Language Requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course