The HND in Business combines theoretical study with practical experience, providing you with an understanding of the key areas of industry practice. The course will also develop you as a fully rounded practitioner and professional within yoiur respective field by studying various modules, including:
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- The Principles of Marketing
- Students will also have the opportunity to gain the ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management, which is highly regarded by the industry.
- Study a course that provides you with the essential skills and experience to enhance your employability or prepare you for further study.
- Study in a supportive environment, with a range of services at your fingertips to help you reach your full potential.
- Access to our specialist Engineering Labs and industry-relevant software, equipment, resources and expertise (ENGINEERING COURSES ONLY)
- Be a full member of Loughborough Students Union- consistently voted No.1 for student experience.
Year 1 Modules: Business and the Business Environment, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, Management and Operations, Business Law, Marketing Essentials, Managing a Successful Business Project, Management Accounting and Human Resource Management. Year 2 Modules: Research Project, Pitching and Negotiation Skills, Business Strategy, International Marketing, Organisational Behavior, Taxation and Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations
The programme uses a variety of assessment techniques to ensure that you can demonstrate the range of learning outcomes. Subject knowledge and understanding is assessed through examinations, coursework essays, coursework reports, individual or group presentations, written evaluations, debates and posters will be used as other forms of assessment. These also assess a range of transferable skills, including confidence in academic written communication
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
We welcome applications from mature students over the age of 21 and may be flexible in our normal offer if you show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience of working within the industry.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£8250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£8250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8250||Year 1|