Course Overview Want to become a registered nurse with the convenience of practice-based learning within your local healthcare provider? This Practice-Based Pathway into Adult Nursing is workplace-based. You'll spend your placement time learning alongside practitioners and academics. You can choose from one of four healthcare providers. Why study with us
- On this unique programme, you'll learn in small groups. We combine the delivery of theory and practice within the same week for most of the course, offering an attractive work-life balance.
- The course is split 50/50 theory and practice, incorporating clinical skills and simulation.
- You’ll be taught by Lancashire Teaching Hospitals academic staff.
- You'll make your choice of Home Trust from the following four providers; Blackpool Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, East Lancashire Hospital NHS Trust (Blackburn and Burnley), University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust or Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Preston).
- You'll spend your time in practice, learning alongside qualified practitioners. You'll spend one to two days a week being taught theory by Lancashire Teaching Hospital academics using a hybrid model of either face-to-face learning on campus at Preston College or via distance learning.
- An average week will consist of a mix of theory and practice, ensuring you are always prepared and confident to take your skills out of the classroom into real-life practice.
- This course is validated by the NMC, the nursing and midwifery regulator for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
Republic of Ireland
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Lancashire Teaching Hospital
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7||with no component score less than 6.5. (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Central Lancashire
Course contact detailsVisit our course page